Rajkot is the 35th-largest metropolitan area in India, with a population of more than 2 million as of 2021. Rajkot is the 7th fastest-growing city in the world as of March 2021 and is located on the banks of the Aji and Nyari rivers.
Rajkot property rates are rising day by day, after being selected under the Smart City Mission of Ministry of Urban Development (MoUD), Government of India. If you pass by the Kalawad Road, Nana Mava, Mota Mava, 150 ft. Ring Road and Rajkot Jamnagar highway, you will get to see tremendous amounts of projects are under construction, many are handovered and future projects under the planning.
The plus point is that all the project works are under full swing. You can find many options to choose from like locality, amenities, stand alone building, high-rise township etc. There are luxurious as well as affordable housing options also available.
In old Rajkot, you will see the independent tenament houses, raw houses and bungalows.
Most of the locals are prefer to live in a tenament houses than in an apartment. It is convenient to live in a spacious house with a car parking within the house, large verandah, private terrace, boring water pump and easy access to the road. So with these perks, one would not to able to adjust in a flat system.
But, as the property rates are rising, it is quite difficult to buy a tenament house for the service class people. For the business, job and investment opportunities many have shifted in Rajkot. Who prefer to live in flats rather than tenament houses.
There are pros and cons in Independent Tenament houses:
1. If you buy only a plot, then you can build a house with floors you want like G+1, G+2, G+3.
2. You can design and plan room sizes according to your needs.
3. You will have easy access to the road and general stores at walking distance.
4. No need to pay society maintenance, only government tax.
5. Private water pipe line.
6. Private Terrace, Two wheeler and car parking within the house.
7. You can install Solar Panels to save energy bills.
1. Maintaining a road side tenament house costs you a lot.
2. Dust come into the house throughout the day.
3. Annoying vehicle sound and horns.
4. If you are a nuclear family then maintaining a house is difficult.
5. Less privacy, if facing the main road.
6. Lack of amenities like Security, Gym, Garden, Children’s play area, Multi purpose hall etc.
Pros and cons in Apartment / Flat:
1. Under construction flats come a little cheaper compared to finished one.
2. You can save money by paying one time lifetime maintenance.
3. Amenities like, gym, garden, swimming pool, children’s play area, senior citizen area, CCTV, solar, security.
4. Higher floors with city views.
5. Service and business class family neighborhood.
1. Difference in final handover after the proposed construction.
2. High maintenance as per society amenities. Which you don’t even use.
3. Unreserved two wheeler and car parking.
4. Extra cost for balcony and terrace area.
5. Society rules and restrictions.