You can also read this article in Hindi.
India has varieties of granite more than 150 shades.
In India, granite resources are found in Rajasthan, Madhya Pradesh, Orissa, Jharkhand, Chhattisgarh, Karnataka, Andhra Pradesh and Tamil Nadu.
Which divide granite into two categories,
1. Northern Granite
2. Southern Granite
Here is the list of Top 5 granite stone color shades & name in India:-
1. Absolute Black Granite:- One tone absolute black granite is most used and preferred by home owners, contractors & designers. It is recommended for Kitchen counter top for rough & tough use, which gives your kitchen an elegant look. Absolute granite is mined from South India.
2. Black Galaxy Granite:- Like name given black galaxy, it is dark black color granite with metallic white & gray sparkles. Recommended for reception counter, entrance etc. Black galaxy granite is mined from South India.
3. New Imperial Red Granite:- It is also known as Chattarpur Red, reddish color granite. Recommended for flooring in high traffic area like railway station, hospital, temple etc. New Imperial Red Granite is mines from North India.
4. Golden Oak Granite:– A golden color granite with brown and orange color veins. Recommended for flooring, wall dado, counter top etc. The granite is mined from South India.
5. Tan Brown Granite:- Brown tone with light and dark gray dotted sparkles. Looks very attractive in kitchen counter tops, window framing etc. The Granite is mined from South India.
Granite is rough & tough stone used for Kitchen counter top, window framing, door framing, flooring, wash basin counter, Indian seating, Hindu temples etc.
We have recommended above mentioned granite color shades & name as per our knowledge and experience. You may take advice and suggestions from your vendor.
Thanks for the article it help me a lot to find out the Top Best Black Galaxy Granite Manufacturers,Exporters& Producer in india
THANKS FOR THE ARTICLE..and need a clarification that after certain years probably 5 or 6 yrs later the granite deteriorate..or like colours goes off…which colour would be good to choose to overcome such defects..kindly suggest
Natural granites don’t deteriorate too early, it also depends on where you have installed it, like in kitchen you may not get color fading issue for at least 10 years, if so then you can repolish it again. If ask me which is the best in above 5 then I would suggest the absolute black granite, which will last for many years without polishing.
Good Article. The granite which you covered are the best 5 granite from India and there is no doubt about it. Keep it up.
Thank you, Neer.
Very nice article about Indian granite, keep it up