The paints market in India is a dynamic and competitive industry, featuring key players that dominate the market share. As of 2023, Asian Paints stands as the market leader, holding a significant 59% share. Other major players include Berger Paints with 18%, Kansai Nerolac Paints with 15%, AkzoNobel (Dulux) with 7%, and various other players making up the remaining 1%.

Market Share of Paint Brands in India

Market Share Breakdown (2023):

Asian Paints: 59%
Berger Paints: 18%
Kansai Nerolac Paints: 15%
AkzoNobel (Dulux): 7%
Others: 1%

Growth Prospects:
The Indian paints market is poised for substantial growth, projected to achieve a Compound Annual Growth Rate (CAGR) of 9.38% from 2023 to 2028. This growth is attributed to factors such as increasing urbanization, rising disposable incomes, and a growing demand for both aesthetic and protective coatings.

The decorative paints segment holds the lion’s share of the Indian paints market, constituting approximately 75% of the total market share. In contrast, the industrial paints segment accounts for the remaining 25%.

Competitive Landscape:
The Indian paints industry is anticipated to remain fiercely competitive, prompting key players to focus on strategies such as innovation, product differentiation, and market expansion. As the industry evolves, companies will likely explore new markets to sustain and augment their market positions.

It’s essential to acknowledge that market share data can vary across different sources. The figures presented here are based on estimates derived from various industry reports. Stakeholders are encouraged to verify information from multiple sources for a comprehensive understanding of the market dynamics.