1. To use a maximum of two colors in the entire kitchen shutters and cabinets.
2. Where one color should be white and other dark or lighter shade color.
3. Avoid figured laminate on shutters
7. Don’t forget to have loft storage
A small kitchen needs to utilize each and every inch of storage space which is available, so you can not leave the loft space blank. You can utilize that space for storing big stuff and once in a while usage of utensils.
Because empty space above the overhead storage will take place of dust and dirt. So it’s better to have extra storage even if you don’t require, it maintains the look of the entire kitchen.
8. Exhaust Fan VS Chimney
Whether to install exhaust fan or chimney, most of the homeowners get confused.
Let us make it easy for you to decide.
1. If your cooking requirement is normal, like not making non-veg food regularly and your kitchen hob facing to window side then exhaust fan is enough for ventilation.
2. If you cook Non-veg food regularly and have a small kitchen then you will be required to have a chimney and especially the ducted chimney, because the filter chimney has low suction power than ducted one.
3. If your cooking requirement is normal but you have planned an open kitchen which is open to the living room then you will be required to have a chimney compulsory, because the heat and fumes of food will spread in the living room also.
9. Kitchen Handles selection
Selection of handles is also very important because the operating of shutters and cabinet depends on handles itself.
There are a variety of new handles available in the market, use pull grip profile handles, G-Section, J-Section, D-Section with different finishes also like chrome finish, brush finish, matt finish, black matt, rose gold finish, etc.
Avoid using traditional open handles, which is not convenient when you work in the kitchen and sharp edges of the handles hurt and harmful for kids.
10. Lights arrangement
Artificial light also necessary in the kitchen while you work on the kitchen platform.
In the day time, you may get natural lights through the window but in the evening or one who doesn’t have window ventilation in the kitchen required proper lights.
Once the overhead storage installed above the kitchen platform the lights from the ceiling doesn’t pass directly on the platform when you are standing at the place.
So it’s required to install profile lights or small spotlights below the overhead cabinet to brighten the kitchen platform while you are working and it also adds beauty in your kitchen.
SUBSCRIBE the blog below to get notified immediately when our new post arrives.