1. If you are renovating your home or making new construction then make electrical wiring distribution for all rooms from flooring.
Concealed wiring from flooring makes work faster and easier, because you don’t need to cut the walls (zari) and make plaster.
2. Avoid wire looping from one point to another for durability and of-course for safety work.
Electrical wire looping is made with wire tape, which is glue base and it start melting after few months when wire gets heated. If wire looping not done properly then it may cause short circuit.
3. Make sure you take electrical wiring layout from contractor for any future changes in electrical wiring.
Electrical contractor makes wiring layout on paper from where he distributed concealed wiring for each room, which guide him to pull wire and for future reference.
4. Always make arrangement for extra plug and switch point near window/balcony and entrance door for decoration lighting in festival (Diwali) or any other purpose. It’s a simple thing but lot of home owners forget this point.
5. Make pre-arrangements for TV cable, Internet, Telephone, AC and CCTV in required room.
6. Use branded wires & switches. e.g Polycab Wires, GM Switches.
7. Don’t forget to have MCB (Miniature Circuit Breaker) and RCCB (Residual Current Circuit Breaker).
8. Do waterproofing before concealed electrical wiring if there is a seepage or leakage issues.
9. Electrical wiring work is charged per point basis, which includes – wall chasing (zari), piping, wiring, switch board, switches, screws & wire tape. Regulator and light fitting charged extra.
10. Repair cost depends on work like switch replacement, wire replacement etc. Usually electrician charge full day labour even for 1 or 2 hour work.